Sean Brewer was born in a Naval Hospital, on the South Pacific island of Guam, where his father was stationed as a member of the United States Navy. At the age of 2, he moved to the Midwest, then to Florida at age 11. He graduated from Seminole High School in 1989 and moved to Gainesville, where he has lived ever since. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree, a Master’s Degree, and a Juris Doctor Degree with honors from the University of Florida.
Brewer began his legal career in 1998 as an Assistant State Attorney. He has prosecuted crimes at all levels; from Domestic Violence, Robbery, Burglary, Sexual Abuse, Child Abuse, to Murder.
Sean has served the Eighth Judicial Circuit as Division Chief of Felony Crimes, Division Chief of Crimes Against Woman and Children, and Division Chief of Felony Gun Crimes.
Brewer has been recognized for his service, earning him awards for Most Prosecutions and Child Advocacy.
Sean is also heavily involved in helping youth in our community by serving as a coach for more than 125 youth athletic teams in Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Soccer. He has worked with organizations such as Upward Sports, Santa Fe Babe Ruth Baseball, City of Newberry Parks and Recreation, Gatorball, Alachua County Public Schools, Gainesville Soccer Alliance, Diamond Park Sports, and i9 Sports. He is currently the President of Buchholz Baseball Booster Club.
Sean lives in Gainesville with his wife, Laura Quisling Brewer, and their three sons, Justin (19), Kyle (17), Blake (14).
- Juris Doctor with Honors, University of Florida College of Law
- Master of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Florida
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Florida
Sean lives in Gainesville with his wife, Laura
Quisling Brewer, and their three sons, Justin
(19), Kyle (17), Blake (14).
- Assistant State Attorney, 8th Judicial Circuit
- Served Under State Attorneys Bill Cervone and Brian Kramer
- Levy County Felony Prosecutor
- Levy County Felony Crimes Against Women and Children Prosecutor
- Alachua County Felony Crimes Against Women and Children Prosecutor
- Alachua County Felony Division Chief, Division 2
- Alachua County Felony Division Chief, Crimes Against Woman & Children
- Alachua County Felony Division Chief, Major Gun Crimes
- Assistant State Attorney, 5th Judicial Circuit
- Served Under State Attorney Brad King
- Marion County MM Domestic Abuse Prosecutor
- Marion County Felony Prosecutor
- Marion County Felony Crimes Against Women and Children Prosecutor
- Member, 8th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Member Florida Prosecuting Attorneys’ Association
- Community Volunteer in Youth Sports